Friday, December 12, 2008

GLASS PAINTING







GLASS PAINTING
The first picture i tried on glass was a cartoon....I was very much attached to this cartoon that i always tried it with new materials i come across. I first did it with water colour on paper when i was in my 6th grade, then in chart paper with poster colours when i was in my 10th grade and i tried on glass during my college days...
It was my best friend’s birthday and I wanted to give her a valuable gift, I painted a girl with pot and then radha krishna images...

MATERIALS REQUIRED
Outline of a drawing, glass, oil colour, glass colour, aluminium foil, brush, varnish, gold powder

PROCEDURE
Place the glass on the outline of the drawing. Make sure that the glass is of the same size as the drawing
Using black oil colour draw the outline of the drawing on to the glass. Use thinner to wipe when it goes wrong.
Allow it to dry for 24 hours. Once dried its hard to wipe, yu can only scratch which leaves a mark on the glass.
Once the outline is dry its easy to work
Colour the drawing with glass colours or oil colours. Glass colours are transparent.
Mix the gold powder in varnish and use the gold colour for jewels, to create a real effect of jewellery.
Glass colour dries quickly but oil colour takes more time. Once dried aluminium foil can be crushed and placed behind the glass colours. This brightens up the drawing.
When everything is over it may look clumpsy, but turn over and your finished drawing is ready to be framed.
SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

Sanghi said...

Good works. The last one is cute with bright colours.

Ikshaa said...

Its very nice.The second and third one is too good.Added u.Check out my blog also.